Alaskan Silver (Coho) Salmon are the holy grail of fly and spin fishing to fishermen around the world.
They jump and leap and spin and run hard right when you hook them and put up one of the best fights you’ll ever have on a fly or spin rod.
Our Alaskan Silvers are commonly 12-15 pounds with 20 pound monster Silvers being landed every season.
We fish private waters from right in front of our lodge to several private rivers where no others will be fishing except for our guests.
Interesting Facts You Might Not Know:
- The record Silver Salmon caught was 26 lbs - caught in 1976 by Andrew Robbins while fishing the Icy Straight.
- A female deposits 2400 to 4500 eggs during spawning season.
- One 1/2 pound filet of Silver Salmon has 289 calories, 42.8 grams of protein, 11.7 grams of fat, 2.4 grams of saturated fat and 91 mgs of sodium.
- Adult Silver Salmon spend about 18 months in the ocean swimming and feeding. Once they return to their home stream to spawn, they cease to feed and live on stores of fat within their bodies.
Fall Silver Salmon trips
August 20 - October 14
Booking now for 2017
Availability as of March 18, 2017:
- Aug 20-26 (Open)
- Aug 27-Sept 2 (8 available)
- Sept 3-9 (FULL)
- Sept 10-16 (7 available)
- Sept 17-23 (FULL)
- Sept 24-30 (FULL)
- Oct 1-7 (4 available)
- Oct 8-14 (Open)
Sunday to Saturday
Lodging with housekeeping
Fully guided/daily excursions
Fly & spinning rods available for guest use
Fish processing & packing
Transport to multiple fishing locations
Not included: Round trip transportation between your home city and Yakutat; Air Taxi service from Yakutat to Icy Bay Lodge; taxes, accommodations in Seattle, Anchorage or Juneau while traveling to or from Icy Bay Lodge, waders and rain gear; personal items (such as toiletries and alcoholic beverages); fishing licenses/stamps & hunting tags; gratuities.